01 July 2009

it starts today

"I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

i am now officially a soldier in the u.s. army reserves.

7 comments:

Sparkleneely said...

Well, gooooooooollllleeee!!!!

Congratulations, Private Skorpeo!

xoxoxo

The Sardonicist said...

thanks!...(and it's specialist skorpeo [spc. skorpeo])

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Do you have a uniform yet??!!

Anti-spam word is "obowls"

Lady C said...

Bravo! Dreams do come true.....

The Sardonicist said...

i ship out to basic training on nov. 3 (3 days before my 42nd birthday...i could very well be the oldest recruit in the entire u.s. army. dad would be proud!). evidently the first day of boot camp is about 36 hours long; you arrive around 10pm, immediately get uniforms, haircuts, and start on the paperwork. you finish up at around 6am, and guess what? it's time to start the day!!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

You've GOT to watch the Sword of Honor trilogy now!

tintin said...

God Bless, man. Send my regards to the front leaning rest position...if it's still around.